DON’T BECOME A STATISTIC
• A leading cause of death in children
• 4,000 deaths yearly
• One child dies every 5 days from choking
• Leads to 100,000 visits to the ER yearly
• Over 1 million Americans have no defense against choking due to pregnancy, disability, obesity, or being alone
• More people die from choking than die in fires, drowning or accidental shootings
• A leading cause of accidental deaths in persons over the age of 65
TIME IS OF THE ESSENCE
• 0-4 minutes: Brain damage unlikely
• 4-6 minutes: Brain damage possible
• 6-10 minutes: Brain damage probable
• 10 minutes +: Probably brain death
• Average emergency response time is 7 to 12 minutes
• Of all choking deaths in 2000, 41% caused by food, 59% by nonfood items (balloons, etc)
• Candy is associated with 19% ER visits for choking – 65% due to hard candy and 35% gummy bears, chocolate, caramel, etc.
• Coins were responsible for 18% of ER visits for children age 1 to 4 years
LifeVac Can Save the Life of Someone Choking
The LifeVac is a non-powered single patient portable suction apparatus developed for resuscitating a choking victim when standard ACLS protocol has been followed without success.
The negative pressure generated by the force of the suction is 3 times greater than the highest recorded choke pressure. The duration of suction is minimal so LifeVac is safe and effective.
LifeVac Fits Children and Adults
The LifeVac comes with two mask sizes, medium and large to fit different age groups.
Listen live online: LifeVac will be on Tampa Bay’s News Radio 970WFLA.com this Monday, October 20, 2014 at 8:50am
Join LifeVac’s Founder on the Radio Program Health Check with Heidi Godman, October 3, 2014 3-4pm
Please join us on XM Radio channel 81 (doctor radio with Dr. Ira) at 9:30 am on Monday, September 22